Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rainy days and balut

Times like these I just want to eat breakfast food. Gaaahhh. I wish I can transport to Black and Brew and have their amazing omelette.

I practically slept the whole day today. I love the rain, it's like the sound of the drops of the rain sings me a lullaby to sleep. Maybe that's why I wanted a breakfast meal now.

I've been craving for eggs since two days ago. I would have wanted to suggest that we go eat that breakfast meal at B&B yesterday, but friends had a different cafe in mind. And also, I didn't get the chance to suggest because I was very late. Good thing we ate eggs all day today...except that shrimp from this breakfast. Now that I think about it, I find it kind of twisted that my mom cooked a lunch meal for breakfast and we ate eggs for lunch and merienda. Lol. And she said she'll be cooking eggs again for tonight's dinner. I actually do not mind. I'm a breakfast kind of person.

However, I dislike balut. Do you know the reason why vendors sell balut at night? So that we won't see the developed sisiw inside. Ack.

But today, my mom made me eat that. It wasn't that bad after all. Maybe because mom made this recipe she found over the net, I don't know where exactly. It was super spicy, suits my spicy tooth.


I read somewhere that Balut is the most disgusting foreign food ever. Haha. I won't blame them, though. It does look disgusting, but it tastes quite well when presented this way. High-end restaurants, according to Jessica Soho, are now offering Pinoy street foods in a more "presentable" manner. Wow.

Anyways, I overheard my parents and my brother talking about his future. He started talking about the med exams late this year. My opinion wasn't asked, but I would really like my brother to give it a try. However, he said he didn't want to be a doctor.

If I could re-live my life, I'd probably drown myself in hard sciences and math. I'm not very good in these areas like my brother. I wish I took a course that would, like, really give me a concrete idea of what I could do forever. For example, a person taking up Dentistry would be a dentist. A student taking up Accountancy would be an accountant. What makes me? There are too many options, I don't know what to pick.

Tomorrow, I'll re-do my resume and send it over another company. I told myself I wouldn't take a writer position ever. But I guess you can really never tell. I hope I can get accepted in this job and finally put up an FB status like "Wooo may trabaho na ako @ex-boss". Lol. Jk. Jk.

To forgive is divine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment