Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bilib ako sa kulay ko.

I don't know why Filipinos want to have a lighter skin. I mean, kayumanggi is our natural color and we must definitely be proud of what we are.

Lol, jk. I can totally feel why Filipinos want to have whiter skin. To tell you honestly, I also would want a whiter complexion. For some reason, maybe, I was also influenced the by the media telling us that we should be whiter. I would be a hypocrite if I tell you I wanted to retain my darker shade.

Pwahahah. I was really dark. But then again, I'm still dark as of this posting. But recently, people have been telling me that I have a lighter complexion now. But that's because I no longer walk the streets of UPLB umbrella-less everyday. 


I'm not going to do a testimonial now on a product that I'm using and I have proven to be super effective. I'm just reminded of what my previous boss told me. He said I should get a whiter skin and I'll look more presentable when he sends me off to do meetings somewhere. So this makes me think that people would really judge you based on your skin color. Like, I know this girl from the university, I tried photoshopping her picture to turn it darker, and she didn't look as attractive. Just kidding, I won't really go that far.

What I wanted to say is, in our society today, we subconsciously judge people based on their skin color that it becomes too unfair. So what if I don't achieve the lighter complexion my boss wanted, I won't be able to present myself well in meetings? It's good that you are concerned of what you look like, but I'm still a believer that when you have the skill, regardless of the skin color, you'll still do well.

Someday, when I get to become a boss myself, I'll hire darker-skinned people.

So I'll be the whitest in the company. Joke.

Honestly, I wanted a whiter color just because I think I look better when I do. But if I'm going to be judged of my skills because of my brightness vs contrast--nahhh, I think I'll just let my true colors show.

No comments:

Post a Comment