Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Materialistic Motivations

Maybe I need some materialistic motivations in order to seriously look for a job. Right now, I feel quite contented with my life. I eat three times a day, I have just enough money to spend for a month, and I can wake up at noon time and stay up until early morning.

But--this life of a bum gotta stop. I gotta think of my future, too.

So in order to motivate myself, I am listing down the things/services I want to buy/avail:

1. Visit a dentist
Everyday, my mom is reminding me that my health insurance is tick-tocking. I only have until October to get myself medically "fixed". However, not everything is covered for the insurance, so I still need money, maybe of huge amounts to get my teeth "fixed".

My dad had this book before. It's about what people should "preserve" while they are still young. Included there is our teeth, that we should definitely invest on having a good set of teeth. It is said there that when we grow old, we would lose most of our taste buds that eating becomes less appetizing. When you have, say two or three teeth left, eating becomes harder.

2. New laptop
Mine is becoming extremely slowwww. I really need a new one, preferably with a larger screen so that I can use it better when designing. I also need something with higher memory, so that I can transfer all the photos, music, etc., that this old laptop has. I don't know for some weird reason, I feel like one of these days, this computer will sleep forever. And you know what's the number one thing I worry about? The soft copy of my thesis. Yeaaahhs. I can't believe it either. Haha.

3. A decent camera
Today, I suddenly felt like looking for photography books online. I felt like I wanted to pursue photography. Haha. Just to tell you, yesterday I was talking about studying Law.

Anyways, a few days ago, I bought this book for my brother for his Bio class. While roaming around the bookstore, I suddenly saw this amazing book about how to make the eyes of your subject pop. My mentors said that eyes should be the focus of every portrait as there will the expressions show the most. This made me realize that I love photography so much. Maybe I wouldn't pursue this as a career, but I want to enhance my skills in this area.

4. Study again.
Believe it or not, I want to study again. For the last four years of my life, I felt as if I just wasted my parent's money and my time in studying. I took things for granted and now it's kicking me from my behind. I feel like I'm not competent enough. More importantly, I feel like I'm not ready to face the real world. So maybe, just maybe, when it's my money that I'm using for studying, I would take it seriously.



Honestly, I am not a very materialistic person. I'm the kind who appreciates the non-temporary things. I don't care about brands or price tags or whatever. I'm just trying my luck if this strategy would help. Yes, motivate me please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment