Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy birthday Lola! :)

My Lola turns 93 today. Of all the people in the world, I think she loves me the most. When I was a kid, when I was scolded at for something, she would always try to protect me no matter what. She would put up with my rants and tantrums. She would secretly share what she has to me so that the other apos won't get jealous. I'm not the "Karen" of the family, though. She just loves me, but I am not the favorite.

Oh. When I was in Elementary, she told me, "Will I ever see you graduate in elementary?" Then I graduated and started high school. She again wondered, "Will I ever see you graduate in high school?" Then  graduated. And then I started college and she again asked, "Will I ever see you graduate in college?" Hahahaha. It's really funny because she also asked whether she would see my mom get married and have children.

Oh! When I was in gradeschool, I had my first period. As in menstruation. I don't know what to do, I cried very very hard. I was so embarrassed and I didn't think I was normal. So I told my Lola about it. I told her to keep it a secret. I told her not to tell anyone especially my cousins! Hahaha. But yeah, my secret's out now.

And then, when she would often tell me that she's going to die soon, I would cry and I would tell her to bring me with her. But that was when I was a kid. Not that I mean anything else with that.

And then there was this time that I was having a vacation in our hometown, and then there was this news that my Lola had already passed away. I remember holding my older cousin's hand while we went to another cousin's house to confirm if it was true. I was crying so hard. But it was false news. I don't know who spread that awful news.

But yeah, my Lola is still alive and kicking. She turns 93 tomorrow and I hope the good Lord will continue blessing her, keeping her strength and faith. I love her to bits and I wish her more years! I still want to repay all the kindness and love and generosity that she has passed on to me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment