Friday, July 8, 2011

It takes more than that to bring me down.

Dear you,

You should know by now that it takes more than what you did to bring me down. I know I don't look like much now, or I may never reach what you are now, but I won't trade my life for yours. I won't lie to get people's trust the way you did. I was all hooker, line, and sinker with your empty promises. I should have known better, but I invested my confidence in you. I don't regret it, though. Because of that, I came out stronger.

Now you're trying to shake my faith. I do feel hurt now, but that's okay. I know myself, I know my worth and that's more than what you accounted me for. I know you told other people stuff about me which are false. I could turn the story around, but I didn't...because deep inside me, I still have this little respect for you. I wish you'll also respect me that way.

It breaks my heart that I treated you well--like a friend and a confidante--but you didn't do the same for me.

You may see me now as an ungrateful bitch. But at the end of the day, you know that I'm not. If it makes you happy, continue breaking me apart. I won't stay broken forever, that I'm very sure of.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment