Friday, July 15, 2011

(500) Days of Summer



Tom's friend: So you have a bf?
Summer: No.
TF: Why not?
S: ‘Cause I don’t want one.
TF: Come on, I don’t believe that.
S: You don’t believe that a woman could enjoy being free and independent?
TF: Are you a lesbian?
S: No, I’m not a lesbian. I just don’t feel comfortable being anyone’s girlfriend. I actually don’t feel comfortable being anyone’s anything. You know.
TF: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
S: Really?
TF: Nope.



I had this conversation before. Really funny. I was asked if I was gay because I don't have a bf at the moment. Two times. Okay, so a woman my age without a bf is now lezbo. Thanks to this movie, I learned how to counterfeit that. My career-oriented reason won't work now because, yeah, I'm jobless.

In many ways, I see myself in Summer. Sometimes, I feel like love is surreal. Maybe because I haven't experienced that yet. So, yeah, I liked some people from the past, but I hadn't felt that falling in love kind of thing--the one that would make someone like Summer walk down the aisle.

Oh, by the way, my name means "sun". Lol.

This is my favorite part in this movie:


Very cute, eh? I'm happy I decided to watch this movie again. I tried watching this a year back. But there's something in me that doesn't want to like what everyone else likes. A year ago, or maybe two, everyone's talking about this movie non-stop. So I felt that it's overrated and it's not really that good (my basis was the first 15 minute of the movie). But I take those words back. This movie is a must watch!

This is a boy-meets-girl movie. But I have to warn you upfront, this is not a love story!

You must have watched it already, anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment