Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Old pictures look very rugged and young, 
and the people in the photographs 
always seem a lot happier than you are."


Summer last year, when the day was lazy and there are no events or people to take photos of, me and my co-interns would spend the whole day digitalizing negatives. It was that kind of work wherein you've gotten used to doing. It wasn't boring, it wasn't fun as well. But it will get you through the day.

There were those photographs that would really catch your attention. And there were some that would just pass by like the others. But most of the times, what caught my attention were the black and white, sometimes sepia, pictures of the now old bosses of the institution. They look like those hippie people back in the happy days. The one often showed in indie films about rock music. Yes, they looked so much happier back then.

I wonder what it's like living in the 80's. 

I wonder if people from 2050 would wonder how was it like living in 2011. I wonder if they will ever think I am happier than they currently are. Oh well. I wish they will. Although it would be thousand times better if they actually live a happier life than I ever will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment