Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why people resign from work

Instead of writing about how to write the perfect resume, or ace an interview, I'm going to write today about why people resign from work. This is important because I'm sure you don't want to have a job that would make you quit in just a few weeks' time.

To tell you honestly, I don't really know where my life is heading at. My parents are reminding me that the health insurance that my father pays for will be forfeited on my 21st birthday. I only get sick once a year, but when I do, I need to stay in the hospital for a week. That's why health insurance is very much important to me.

With my current job now, I only work part-time so I don't really have such benefits. I only have my salary and that's all. In three month's time, I need to find a job that would cover for such services.

Well, anyways, here are possible reasons why people resign:

1. Location
The travel time from your house to your workplace is very much important. But most people do not really give much attention to it. I see some people resigning from work to get another job that offers a bigger salary but the travel time is longer. So the amount of money they pay for travel will compensate for the additional money they get. Not a wise decision.

In my case, my workplace is just a few blocks away from home. Sometimes, I even work at home. This is not my issue.

2. Career growth

3. Salary

4. Workplace friends



I don't feel like writing anymore. If you want to read more, go to: http://www.resigning.net/why-people-resign/

lol

1 comment: