Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Online Love"



So I'm going to get online bashes for posting this on Facebook, so this would probably be a safer place to post. The last time that I post his video on FB, it was soooo chaotic. Not going back to that place anymore.

Sooo... This guy is asking whether online love is possible?

My answer. Yes. Because I'm so in love with you right now.

Kidding. :)

For someone like me who sometimes believe that love can be surreal, it's quite hard to imagine if online love is indeed true. But as a line in Beastly goes, "Can you imagine a love like that?" Yes, it's imaginable, it does exist, but I wonder how stable this kind of love is.

First of all, this love is based on sugar, spice, and everything nice. People fall in love with people online because they show all their bright sides. I mean, you wouldn't post a picture of you in which you think you're ugly, right? You won't even dare say things that would cause people to hate you. So when we go online, we tend to use masks--masks of our greater selves.

I know that in my recent post, I said that people should be less cynical. That's true, but sometimes we can't really give our full trust to people we barely know. Like a year ago, a friend told me that they have this homework in class wherein they are required to try out a relationship online. Who knows, someone who seems nice to you might just be using you as a hamster or house rat or whatever mouse people use for experimentation.

Then, we never really know how these people are like offline. Yesterday, my younger cousin, Reign, asked me to define what being offline in Facebook was. Well, basically, being offline is living your real life away from anything on the internet. I told her that definition, but I guess she still hasn't gotten to that level yet. So anyways, I've always wondered if people were just making their lives sound more exciting when they go online. When I read my blog posts, they seem really dull and lifeless. I'm really wondering if my life is actually duller and more lifeless than how I write it. 

Well, the good side of having an online love affair, as I read it, is that you have good expectations of each other. You think that the one you're talking with at the far side of the world is who he really is in real life. And then, it's more convenient than having to meet real people, because basically your dates will be virtual! No need to spend a lot of moolah, energy, but yeah, time is what you invest most.

As for me, I'm not into this kind of thing. In real life, I am very awkward and uninteresting. I don't want to make false hopes to people who think I am cool and special and all that. Well of course, our Pao here is an exemption. Haha. I joke, I joke. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment