Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't be brave. Just run.


I think I was seven when I first watched Forrest Gump. I didn't completely understand what it was about. All I know was the female character, Jenny, was suddenly disappearing and reappearing most of the times.

Until today, I find her character very interesting. She's probably one of my most favorite characters of all time. She made Forrest fall head over heels for her just to leave him the next morning. She's a mess, but she still found someone who took her as she was.

Her thoughts were also fascinating. Like the time he made Forrest promise to not be brave and run away. Recently, I've been seeing the bigger picture as to how I've become like this. My personality was molded primarily because of the things I liked and did when I was a kid. Maybe I looked up to Jenny when I was young. Because I was never brave; no instance that I can remember of. I'm always running away.

Sometimes, I think that maybe I shouldn't be attached to a lot of people so that I'll never be hurt when the time they had to go. Or maybe I should leave first before I'll be left behind. Maybe I should stop being a Jenny. The walls I built are already too thick. Running away all the time can also get tiresome.

Maybe it's time to be brave.






Chos. Drama much? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment