Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mean Doe Row

You might have not noticed it, but I was away for two days.

When I was in elementary school and had to take a leave from class for a few days, I feel extra awkward the day I came back. I don't like the attention--people asking you where you've been, what you did, etc., etc. But everytime I come back, not a lot of people noticed that I was not actually there.

It saved me the explanation, and the big talks about experiences, but it also kinda feel sad when nobody really knew you were gone. So growing up, I got used to being distant and awkward all the time. I leave without warning, I come back without notice. And nobody even knew.

Well, I'm not going emo on you today. Hahaha. Gosh, these rainy days are doing me no good!

Anyways, I was away for two days. My boss sent me to Mindoro to do some business thingy. It was an all-work-no-play kind of trip. But it did become memorable for me, since I'm not really used to being alone on such trips. To be honest, I think my boss did the wrong thing sending me there because first, I'm not good in dealing with new people, and two, I'm forgetful with all the things I needed to do.

So the first part of my story is already too tragic. The morning before my trip, I had to take some photos for the book my boss needed to do. I said to myself, "This isn't right, everything's in perfect shape." Boom. Wish granted. When I open my boss' flash drive, my computer reacted way too seriously saying it has 237692 viruses. My instinct said, "Just let it be, it's not like it's gonna cause you your computer." But my other side argued, "No, follow what the anti-virus said, it might delete your most treasured files." So yeah, I followed my heart and cleaned my computer. And yes, all the files in the flash drive went missing.

If I can call 911 and report the missing files, I would. I knew this would happen, but I still followed my foolish heart's decision of keeping my sentiments. Now, this will cost me my job.

So, my next option was to tell my boss exactly what happened. Because I'm such a very lucky person, my cellphone suddenly got broken. Tell me how lucky I am.

So I guess, it was just up to me to fix this mess.

Thankfully, my friend, Khel, was at home. His Fridays are his free days from school. He helped me recover the files. Though it took us quite some time to recover the files and back up them. My mom had to take care of the things I needed to bring because I was gonna be late for our meeting place.

Blah blah blah.

I suddenly got tired of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment