Friday, June 17, 2011

How do you know if you deserve something?

I remembered how I complained about a grade I got in one of my subjects in college. It was the first time I did that. I felt like I never deserved the grade I got, with all the effort I made. I don't usually do that. I was never grade-conscious. It's just that I loved that subject too much and I knew I deserved better.

So I paid a visit to my teacher and asked her why I got the grade. She showed me my performance in her class; my raw scores and all. It wasn't as high as I thought it would. She explained that I missed out a lot on the absences that I incurred--though they were excused absences.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but up to this day, I still feel that I deserve a better grade.

How do I know that I deserve better? I just knew I do. And I'm not talking about grades now. I'm talking about life in general. I know I'm not supposed to believe in luck, but I'm pretty luckless in these kinds of things. I often get what I don't deserve.

Or maybe I just think too highly of myself.

I know there are lots of people out there who are underserved and get less than what they should have. Office workers who work overtime without incentives, stuntmen who are unrecognized in Awards ceremonies, etc., etc. But right now, I feel like I am the worst-case scenario.



YOU KNOW I DESERVE MORE THAN THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment