Monday, June 20, 2011

Truth be told, I am not lazy.

I can admit to myself that I am lazy. Actually, if you ask me to make Bruno Mars' Lazy Song my anthem, I would no hesitantly do. But somehow, if someone else say that I am, it kind of hurts big time.

The quote "The truth hurts" wasn't meant for nothing, I guess.

But looking back at my life, I wasn't that much of a lazy bum. So okay, I hate household chores. I believe that making the bed is just a waste of time since you'll mess it again at night. I don't study before an exam because it's meant to measure what you've learned. I go for the most convenient choice. And the list goes on and on.

But I tell you, I'm not a lazy bum.

I am an independent person to the point of workaholicism, if there's even such a word. 

At 18, I earned my own money. I didn't ask my parents for money on the things I want to buy like phones, clothes, shoes, etc. I paid for our monthly internet fee without my parents asking. I shared some of the blessings I receive to the people who needed it.

I have been tutoring Japanese students for two years already. And mind you, my cancellation rate for my classes is just 3.3%. That's very low, k? Sometimes I feel lazy doing this job, but I still do it because I know my responsibilities.

I also take lay-out designing jobs. I design tarpaulins, sometimes for free. But regardless of the pay, I still work hard. I don't like having my customers dissatisfied. When I was a student, I stayed up all night and came late for my classes just to make sure that when I present my output to the people who requested for my services, they would give me their smiles. And that by far is the best pay I ever received, alongside the thank you's and the sincere compliments they give.

The day after graduation, I started to work in my uncle's office. I do research, content-writing, lay-out designing, photography and facilitating in seminars sometimes. When we have to conduct seminars and trainings in a far away area, I wake up realllllyyyyy early because I know that's what I'm paid to do. If you know me personally, you should know that waking up in the morning is my biggest struggle. And when I go home after all these day's work, I still do my tutoring.

I can take any jobs, actually (as long as they are related to visual design and such). I'll do it to the best I can as long as I am properly motivated. I am hardworking and I never stop until I finished what I started. But some people can't see that. 

So I can continue being a bum in your eyes. 

But I can assure you, sometimes the truth is well hidden. (But not anymore since I already wrote this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment