Sunday, June 26, 2011

Allergy attack, asthma, and insomnia. I could die right now.

Today, I missed going to church. I suffered an allergy attack last night. I was sneezing non-stop, I didn't had the chance to sleep long.

My aunt said there's a chance I'll get asthma in the future. My mom didn't have asthma as a kid, but in turn, she had it during her early to late thirties. Oh nooooes. I don't want to have asthma. >.<

So I researched for the symptoms of asthma. Here they are:

  • Severe wheezing when breathing both in and out [/] 
  • Coughing with asthma that won't stop
  • Very rapid breathing
  • Chest pain or pressure [/]
  • Tightened neck and chest muscles, called retractions [/]
  • Difficulty talking
  • Feelings of anxiety or panic [/]
  • Pale, sweaty face
  • Blue lips or fingernails
  • Or worsening symptoms despite use of your medications


I got four out of ten, so basically that's not a majority. Hopefully this is not it. My mom recommended that I get a medical check-up, I probably would. I'm a huge fan of the saying, "Prevention is better than cure."

Some people say I have insomnia, but I really beg to differ. I can sleep as fast as a bullet and as long as oil during winter time--even if I drink 5 cups of caffeine. So that's really out of the question.

However, just to be sure, here are the symptoms of insomnia:

•    Inability to focus
•    Frequent headaches
•    Most of the time you feel irritated,
•    You sleep much better when you are in other places.
•    It usually takes you several hours before you could  fall asleep.
•    Disturbed sleep – you wake up after few hours of sleep.
•    You are not refreshed after sleep.
•    You cannot return to sleep once you wake up in the middle of the night.
•    You can sleep only after you take sleeping pills.

Well, I got none. I am a very focused and determined person. When I put my mind on doing something, I do it will all my best efforts and knowledge. I've never had headaches eversince I finished my thesis. I feel irritated sometimes, but only when I see things I dislike. I can only sleep well on my bed. The moment my back touches the bed, my system shuts down. I wake up 8 to 10 hours after my eyes close. I feel refreshed after sleeping. I do not wake up in the middle of the night or in the middle of my sleep. I haven't tried taking sleeping pills ever.

I know my own self, this is just an allergy attack. Could be because of dust mites on my dusty room or the shrimp tempura I ate last night. I'm healthy as a cow! At least, I want to believe that.

So to the "doctors" in my life, I don't have any illnesses at the moment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment