Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some dreams don't come true

I played an online game called "Draw my Thing" with friends and I think they didn't believe me when I said I aspire to be a graphic artist someday. I actually worked as a graphic artist before. I even design for free if you ask me to. But somehow, someone still told me that "my handwriting is as bad as my drawing." Well, some dreams don't come true.

I drew that picture. I was told that my drawing is as ugly as fuck, that I can't even draw a straight line. I don't like straight lines. Cause, you know, I have astigmatism and even if it's a straight line, I still won't see the difference. Maybe that's the reason why I find it hard to differentiate a straight guy from a gay guy. (Joke)




A friend told me before that in art, everything starts with a straight line. I practiced doing straight lines, but I just couldn't do it. Maybe I should give up my dream.  Maybe this is not my niche in the world. Maybe I'm born to do something else. Something like this:



I just stole photos from the net and put them together and maybe that's illegal but if I had more time I would take the photo myself. But anyways, thanks for the photos, Google. 

To whoever owns those photos, I used them and photoshopped them but no worries, this would just be used for academic purposes. If you're gonna sue me for using them, you should sue someone else because I just did this for a friend who works as a teacher in a private high school who just wants to reward his students for good stewardship of their classroom. :)

Oh, btw, do people also sue for using types? I also just downloaded that type. Thanks, typographic artist or whatever you call people who make font types.

No comments:

Post a Comment