Saturday, August 13, 2011

Job fairs and Indie films and everything in betweens

I feel like I was beaten by a gang with the pain in my shoulder the time I woke up this morning. Last night, I slept earlier than usual because my feet hurt. But it seems as if the pain from my feet transferred to my left shoulder. I don't know if it has something to do with yesterday, but it seems like it does.

Yesterday, my friends and I went to a Job Fair. We stood in line for 2 hours, it reminded me of my Graduation day. Good thing I changed my mind about wearing high heels or else, I might be still in bed right now because I couldn't get up. I was very tired and sort of hungry but I was happy and for some weird reason, I feel accomplished. Maybe because I was amidst thousands of people who are also driven to look for jobs. I think I really should surround myself with people like them, it revives the dreamer in me.

For the first time since graduation day, I envisioned myself finally doing something worth my time. We sent applications to various companies but there's this company that stood out from the rest. I can see myself working with them and for them. I could see myself moving to a new city, renting a place with my friends, and doing fun stuff when we receive our first salary. Wow, I am actually dreaming again.

But for now, of course, I have to wait until they contact me for interview. Haha.

Yesterday, after the job fair, we went to watch a movie entitled "Ang Babae sa Septic Tank." There's so much fuss about this indie film that I also became interested in watching it. That's the bad thing about super good publicity, it makes someone like me think it is overrated. Or it could just be my bad eyesight that's coming in the way.

I would have never guessed it was  Kean Cipriano who played Rainier in that movie. Now, that's what I call "No acting" acting. He was actually good acting like he wasn't acting at all. Oh, wait, he's like that in real life.
So, maybe he wasn't really acting-acting. You know what I mean.

The end could have ended differently. I mean, it could end like other indie films. You know, an ending that would make you think hard and would make you feel genius because you and your friends would discuss about how it could possibly end and your friends would disagree with your ending but you would defend your side and they would defend theirs and you would just agree to disagree and just say that the filmmaker achieved his objective to make the audience think but deep inside your mind you know your ending was correct. Whew. You know what I mean.

Anyways, maybe that's what they are after. They want to be "different" from other indie films. Arkays. But I think I watched an indie short film similar to this one before. So it also has a movie-in-a-movie kind of theme. It's about college students who want to shoot an indie film in the slums but were faced with the reality of such places. The only difference is, ABSST has Eugene Domingo, Kean Cipriano, JM de Guzman, and Cai (I forgot her last name).

But all throughout the movie, I was thankful I was a Communication student. I understood technical terms for film prod. Hoho. Thanks, teachers. I learned something. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment