Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let go.



There's a story from my childhood that I could not seem to forget. I can't remember if my father told me that, or if I heard it over the radio, or I read it from a book. But it is marked inside my head until now.

There was a man who fell off a cliff. He was just holding onto a branch of a tree. He was told by God to let go, but he said, "No, I don't wanna die." But then God said, "You have to trust me, my son." But he still didn't. So, he spent the rest of the night trying his best not to let go of the branch. When the sun rises, he finally found out why God was asking him to let go. He was only a feet away from the ground.

There are some things (and some people) you need to give up on. Sometimes, the only answer is letting go.

So, I'm letting you go. Fly away and never return to my fcking life you asshole.

Hahahaha. Just kidding. :)

You were the branch that I'm holding onto. But I figured today that I shouldn't have hold onto you for a long time. Today, I decided to let go. Hopefully, I fall safely on the ground. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment