Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#Justsaying

On my way to having dinner with my friends, I saw how awful people treat other people. Especially those people whom we consider underdogs in the society. It wasn't a sight to see. If I could, I would have done something. Maybe to slap them on the face or something. But you know me, I'm the blending-in kind of person. I only participate through my thoughts.

So while I was waiting for a tricycle, I saw two kids riding bicycles. They made fun of this mentally challenged person in my community. She's roaming around the streets with dirty clothes, talking to herself. Ten summers ago, this girl was someone I used to play with. But things happened, I don't know what, she suddenly lost her sanity. I felt a tinge of pain while I watched the kids made fun of her. I tried to shoo the kids off. They went away, but I know for sure that they would come back once I'm gone.

While I was sitting inside the jeepney, there's this obese guy who sat across me. His classmates made fun of him, too. They said the jeep was already "tagilid" because of his weight. I felt bad for him. He gave them the dirty finger but they kept on making fun of him. Today, I watched Kung Fu Panda. I remembered Master Shifu and Panda's dialogue on how it was hard for Panda to be him everyday of his life. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought, perhaps, he also felt that way. If I were as hot as Cameron Diaz, I would have helped this guy turn his fate around. I'll do something cool like pretend I'm that guy's girlfriend like Cameron Diaz gave her bra to a bullied student in Bad Teacher.

But then, we passed through a Catholic Church, and then the guy sitting next to the obese guy made the sign of the cross. The obese guy made a "Psssh" sound to mock his religious classmate. Awful. I am not Catholic, but I respect everyone's religion. I actually am struggling spiritually right now, but I still respect those who believe in their own gods.

This made me think that the cycle for mockery just goes on and on if we are rude to one person. He would just pass on the mockery until he finds satisfaction on hurting someone for doing something or just simply being the way he is.

I don't really care much about people's appearance, or belief, or sexual orientation, or whatever. I just dislike judging people based on how they are. I mean, who am I to judge? No one is greater or lesser than the other--we have no right to boast of anything, really. I wish people would think that.

But having people believe in my code of morals is maybe similar to making them be like me. So, whatevs. You do what you want. This whole entry is tagged as #justsaying.

No comments:

Post a Comment