Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Irony

I had to go home today for the Gawad Parangal for exceptional citizens of my town. Lol. Not that I'm saying that I'm exceptional. ;)

To be honest, I didn't have the energy and will to finish the whole program, so I just sat there for a couple of minutes after I receive my certificate. Almost everything was wrong with the program, except when my name was called and I was handed my certificate and one of the town councilors asked me to stay for a photo op. I felt infinite.

Wow, I'm actually bragging. Ha ha.

I'm just being objective here, though. It could have been a better, more organized program. There were lots of ushers and usherettes but they were kind of useless. My dad wasn't let in at first, because the two tickets given to me was supposedly just for me and one person (which was my mom). After a while, my dad was also able to enter the venue because my mom talked to another officer who apparently got the instruction correct.

The "pararangalans" were asked to occupy the Mayor's office then. I was expecting that someone might orient us on what to do, or where to sit, or whatever. But then, we were just there waiting for the program to start. We were then asked to fall in line...in whatever way we like. Man, that was the most chaotic line I've ever seen. Even kindergarten students can do better!

Then, we entered the venue as chaotic as ever...after the prayer and singing of the national anthem. We didn't know what seats to take because the ushers were kids who are also confused on what to do.

AND THIS IS THE MOST IRONIC PART OF THE EVENING. Since this night was supposed to honor citizens who were inspirations to my hometown's people, I guess they could do better than asking a teenage pregnant girl to sing a song about heartbreak. Man. That's something.

Okay, I am not judging. You know very well that I'm the least to judge people. However, what I'm saying here is it is very inappropriate. I couldn't blame them though, this is the first time they hosted such event. I do hope that next year will be a less chaotic and formal night.

Oh, by the way, the hosts weren't very good too. I'm not a good speaker, but I could say myself that perhaps I might do a better job. Chosss!

Anyways, my training is going well, if you'd like to hear about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment