Monday, August 29, 2011

Goodbye.
Leaving is difficult,
but necessary.


The apartment that we're staying in right now looks like an evacuation center with all the boxes of our packed things. We have been moving from one house to another ever since I was a kid. I thought I was used to moving away, but then, I feel quite sad now that I had to leave this place.

Years ago, I thought my family would be staying in our old house for good. But my mom got sick and she needed to be surrounded with people who can look after her. So we moved to our hometown in an apartment of a family friend. Unfortunately, our family friend's daughter would be marrying someone this year and she will be using this house.

Now that I think about it, I can understand why my parents felt a bit sad when we were asked to leave this house. First of all, there were other tenants of other apartments whom the landlord could ask to leave. However, for some strange reason, we were the family to be evicted. I don't know if the daughter's inheritance is this side of the lot or whatever, but I really can't understand why they chose us.

Second, the landlord knew that the reason why we came home was for my mom to be near her family. My aunt lives two blocks away, so she can just check on my mom anytime. If we had a choice, we would stay in this neighborhood, but there were no available houses for us to occupy.

Third. Jk. I have no third item. I just feel really sad. I would be away from my family yet again. I couldn't meet the friends I made in this place as often as I could. 

Anyways, I'm still grateful for the almost three years we spent in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment