Saturday, August 6, 2011

I wonder how many times an average person lies on a job interview.

I had my first job interview today. Well, not really first. Because I already had experienced it a few times before. I don't know, I just have bad memories of interviews. Like when I was interviewed for my online job, I kept on saying "My nerves got the best of me, sorry." For my internship, my boss gave me a feedback that he didn't want to hire me initially because I didn't have an edgy personality and seemed uninterested. For my summer job, I was crying while telling the allegedly dramatic story of my life. But somehow, I got all those jobs from my sucky interviews. Yes, I am lucky.

I pushed my luck on this one, though. I probably won't get the job. I was given a tip not to say "Yes, I can do it" all the time. But I still nodded my head like a clueless puppy on all the interviewer's questions. "Yes, I can adjust." "Yes, I would try my best." "Yes, I can learn." But in the back of my head, I was asking myself questions like "Can I really adjust? Will I really do my best? Will I learn to do that?"

The funnier thing is, I discovered today that I have a talent in rapping. I was asked to introduce myself and I said something like "IamCyreneIamagraduatefromtheUniversityofthePhilippinesLosBanoswithadegreeinDevelopmentCommunicationblahblahblah." HAHAHAHAHA. When I think about it, it makes me kinda laugh at myself.

Next week, I'm going to try and look for other job opportunities. Hopefully, my feet would turn warmer. I don't wanna get nervous again and do a free rap performance! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment