Saturday, August 20, 2011

Memories for sale

Time changes everything, even me. I used to be so sentimental and attached to objects that for me held memories of the past. I dislike giving away or throwing away old toys, clothes, books, etc. But today, I finally had the courage to let go of these things who once meant something in my life.

And that's probably because I'm super broke.

This coming week, I have to stay in-house for my job training. I won't have my mom around to fix me food when I'm hungry. I won't have my dad to give me money when I spent all my part-time job salary. I have to stand on my own two feet.

Adding to that, I spent all my money on processing some documents for pre-employment requirements. I don't know where to get money for my allowance next week. When I woke up this morning, I saw the sackful of clothes my mom already packed for our moving to a new house. I haven't mentioned yet, but we're moving to a new house in a week's time. Anyways, I decided to put my clothes on sale on a very low price. That's how desperate I was.

Maybe I wasn't born a business woman, because my garage sale was a flunk. My neighbors bought some of my items but some of them just asked me to just give them away for free. I felt like I'm being a bad neighbor if I refused them so I just said yes. By the end of the day, well, I just got enough money to travel to the location of my training. Not good.

Anyways, I don't have any plans of packing them again and bringing them to our new place. I'd just probably donate them somewhere or give them away for free. Those clothes don't fit me anymore anyways. I just pray that the Good Lord will bless my "generosity". Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment