Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wish ko lang

I feel like a total bum after watching today's episode of Wish Ko Lang. My family doesn't normally watch TV except for some primetime drama and yes, the tearjerker, Maalala Mo Kaya. Oh yeah, my family hates drama. So anyways, Wish Ko Lang taught me a really good lesson today. Reality hits hard.

Today, they featured an 82 year old man who never gave up in looking for jobs. He traveled two hour from home just to get a one day job. He's not asking for a temp job, just a one day job to sustain his family's needs. I was deeply touched when he said, "I don't want to be an educated beggar."

That sentence resounded in my ears like an echo inside a cave. All this time, I've been making up strategies in my mind to become an educated beggar. I'm afraid of looking for jobs cause I don't want to be restricted into doing the things over and over again.

Thanks to Lolo Jan, I am enlightened. I have to take risks and put aside my inferiorities and fears. If I wouldn't take a step today, my goals in life will be farther and farther beyond my reach.




I wish I could. Wish ko lang. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment