Thursday, May 19, 2011

The reawakening of my Korean-ness

It's been quite a long time since I've been hooked to a Koream drama series. And no, I won't tell you I'm addicted to My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, not even Secret Garden.

I thought that once I have all the free time in the world, I can re-start my Korean addiction once again. But I was wrong. Lately, I've been watching the first episode of a drama, then stop midway. It wasn't as entertaining as before. I'm starting to be convinced that I am indeed getting old.

It all started with Mary Stayed Out All Night. Jang Geun Seuk is one of my favorite Korean actors of all time. His movies were great and I really loved him in He's Beautiful. So I really thought that I could stand watching MSOAN until the last ep, but I didn't. When they were like fighting for their love already, my interest started to decline. So, I didn't really know how it ended.

JGS is very much irrisistable, but this drama wasn't for me. Sad face.


Then, I tried Abie's, a good friend of mine, advice of watching Secret Garden. She said that it has an interesting and funny plot. She's been recommending it since last year, but I was only able to watch it, maybe a month ago.

The plot was also a bit slow for me. And Hyun Bin has become really thin. I know, it doesn't have any connection at all. Lol.


Then, I tried watching the first episode of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho--also one of Abie's recommendations. It's really funny. And Shin Min Ah is very very cute in here. But I see visions of her in Naked Kitchen (which I also left unfinished) and it's quite distracting. Haha.

Also, it has become really overrated since it became the talk of the town after its pilot episode on Philippine TV. Being part of the in crowd is quite not my thing. Plus, I'm not a very huge fan of Lee Seung Gi (He's also part of the reason why I didn't find shining inheritance that engaging).


Then, I also tried watching Dream High. But gosh, the subs were all over the place. I couldn't understand a thing. I quited watching it after the 2nd ep. That also happened with Baby Faced beauty. The subs were in English, but incomprehensible. Like they were talking about Iraq and all. Haha.



After that, I also watched the first few episodes of Lie to Me. Yoo Eun Hye is definitely my favorite actress ever since Goong. Her hairstyle is cute in this drama. However, this drama still wasn't my Korean lifesaver.


But today, something odd happened to me. I rediscoverd my Korean addiction. After watching this video, it turned my life around.


Lol. I realized that I must continue watching Dream High. I finished watching episodes 3 to 5 today, and maybe I'll watch another before going to bed. :)

Go Hye Mi's attitude reminds me of my stubbornness at times and yeah, my cold heartedness. lol.

And, Taecyeon and Song Sam Dong. Can't miss these two hotties. Lol.

Thanks Dream High. You've awaken the Korean in me...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment