Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life on the take-out

Inspired by my friend's blog, Food Curiosity, I'd try being a food critic though the best thing I know about being one is just eating. Haha. No offense. :D I kid.

Alrighty. So these last few days, I've been eating like a man. I'm serious when I'm saying that. Being the only girl in my team, I had to keep up with my boys' digestive needs. My boss even said that I couldn't blame him if I get fat in just a month's time. Haha.

One thing I love about my bosses is that you don't have to think about what restaurant you want to eat in or what food to order, because they have already decided right before they ask you if you're interested in eating. This had been my struggle from the beginning, not knowing which path to take.

So, for the last six meals that I had, I just ate outside my house. Now I understand why my college classmates miss their mom's cooking so much. I am just five meals away from home and yet I already felt like I've been gone for a long time.

Anyways, yesterday, we had a drive thru breakfast at Jollibee. So I guess instead of doing what Raffy is doing in his own blog, I'll just critique the resto's take out and drive thru services. We had the yum burger with TLC, french fries and softdrinks. I am actually a huge fan of Jolli burgers, but something about this particular burger that I don't like very much. I also like burgers with veggies, but I somehow feel that the veggies here isn't as fresh. Or maybe that's just my burger. Or my taste buds. Hahaha. On the other hand, I salute Jollibee for standing up to its name as a fast food chain. Yes, they are fast. :)


For lunch yesterday, we had lechon and pancit from Linda's Lechon. Their packaging is simple, yet durable. I say, it's not very smart to eat rice for a take out, but they made it quite easy for us. I really hate those breakable plastic spoons and forks, but theirs lasted til my last bite. So I give em the props for that. For their food, uhmm, guess it was okay. I don't eat lechon very much since I feel like my veins would burst any second I eat that tempting cholesterol-filled skin.

Wow, since when have I been so health conscious? Haha. Blame Moringa. :)


And finally, before going home, we ate at Hen Lin. I love Chinese food. This is the one time that I wished I told my boss what I'd really like, because I really love their siomai! But I couldn't na, cause naunahan na ako ng hiya. Lol. So anyways, I ate breaded pork chop with pancit and butchi, and kropek. Pretty much like Chowking Lauriat, except that the plate was smaller. I wonder which comes first--the chicken or the egg. Say what?

The one thing that my mom can'k cook are breaded pork chops. Life is strange. :| She can cook everything, except a decent anything breaded. I wish she'd learn how to do it!


So for today, our breakfast was from Burger King. I love muffins, but not spam! But having spam in the am was, I guess, too big for my stomach that I wasn't able to finish the whole sandwich. On the other hand, I did enjoy the hush browns in bite sizes.


Lunch time came and we again indulged ourselves in Jollibee's 39ers. Our partner organization for the event has this thing for Jollibee. Good thing, they ordered Shanghai rolls today and not the usual Beef and Mushroom. Times like these I really miss Ronald. Hee hee.

The Shanghai rolls were just okay. I kinda think that the meat inside the Shanghai is also the same as the ones in the Beef and Mushroom. What sets the difference is that it was rolled in a Shanghai wrapper.


I'm kind of happy we didn't have dinner on the way home. We just bought a Halo-halo krusher from KFC. My co-worker said that he didn't like it a lot cause it's too sweet. But Halo-halo is supposed to be super sweet! Hahaha. Honestly, I loved it. The bits of leche flan were heaven. Yummm. Maybe I just have this bias for leche flan! Hahah. :D



Life on the take-out is not very much my thing. When I got home, Mama served Sinigang na Bangus for dinner. I'm telling you, I don't like Sinigang na Bangus very much, but I felt like I'm in heaven the moment I had my first bite. Ah. Mama, you're cooking is still the best. <3




BTW all the pictures aren't mine. :) Credits belong to the owners of the pics! :))

3 comments:

  1. Monster sa takaw eh! haha :) ang galing mu naman nainspire tuloy lalu ako magsulat sige luluwas muna ako to find new and interesting inputs (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nye.. Kaya ko nga to ginawa dahil nainspire ako sa ginagawa mo. Hhahaha. Eat more, write more! :)))

    ReplyDelete