Thursday, May 5, 2011

So long, my short-lived shorts life

The manifestations of me getting older is becoming more and more evident by the day.

I went out this afternoon to buy myself pairs of pants. I realized that I badly need it for my job now. See, I'm not a very pants-type of girl. If I could, I'd wear shots everyday. So my collection of pants isn't really a very wide array.

If you're a UPLB student, you'll understand what I'm saying. One ice cream vendor expressed his thoughts on UPLB students' choice of wardrobe by saying, "Bakit ang mga estudyante dito laging parang magswi-swimming?" Well, it just can't be helped. We have nice legs, sir.

Just kididng. :)

It's just too hot in here. SO we must take our clothes off. Lol. No. It's just that being in UPLB feels like being at home. There really is no need to dress up. I guess for most of us. Sometimes, when I go to school, I could hear our neighbors talking to my mom saying, "Yan na suot niyan?" Hahaha. It's funny, 'cause yes, ito na po ang suot ko.

But my shorts days are short-lived. I can't go to work wearing shorts, at least when I have to assist in seminars. Good thing we don't have to wear formal clothes, or I'll be dead in this summer heat.

While buying the pants I needed, I came to realize that I became less materialistic. Before, I would spend all the money I have to buy everything I want. But things are different now, I have to budget the remaining money I have because my parents won't give me allowance anymore. Honestly, I'm just embarrassed to ask for money now.

Ahhh. I miss being a student.






Oh, by the way, I bought some purple cracking nail polish. Hee hee. They didn't come off the way I wanted to. Maybe because I didn't exert much effort in doing it properly. I just painted on top of the gold nail polish I already have! Maybe I'll do it better tomorrowwww. But amazing, it cracks when it's dry! Haha :D

No comments:

Post a Comment