Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ecclesiastes

Wow. I feel so old.

Complying to our Church activity, my family had been doing this weekly family devotion at home for three weeks already. Tonight, we discussed about the text found in Ecclesiastes 12. My father said Ecclesiastes is one of his favorite books from the Bible. After reading this chapter, I think it also became one of my favorites.

It is said there that we must remember our Creator while we are still young. When we read the verses more, we would see that the things we gave importance to in the past wouldn't matter as much as we grow older and older. The music we used to love, the activities we used to enjoy, the moments we used to cherish--everything would soon fade away.

I'm starting to feel this way. When I was younger, I used to daydream a lot. Before going to bed, I had to think of things I want to become in the future just to get to sleep. But not anymore. I am able to sleep as fast as my back reaches the bed.

Maybe this is because I am facing reality now. I am no longer a child. I am no longer a fan girl of someone gwapo or sikat. Just a few days ago, my brother agreed that I have li-lowed (Idk how to spell that) on things I have fancied before. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but I think it's a good sign that I'm already maturing.

I am zoning out while writing this. Haha. I'm zooo tired from "work". Lol. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment