Thursday, April 28, 2011

First day at "work"

I almost fell off my chair when Kuya Mike, my boss, arrived home early in the morning. I totally forgot about what we talked about last night--him hiring me as a researcher slash lay out artist. I forgot I agreed to the employment that I stayed up at 5am, meaning I only had three hours of sleep today. I never experienced that when I was a student!

We talked about the tasks he needed me to finish over coffee. I haven't brushed my hair nor washed my face, but I did brush my teeth (lol). Good thing my job was home-based, that I actually wasn't that late for office at 8am yet. And I can do other stuff while actually working.

But even when I stayed home for work, I did feel like I'm in an actual office. Kuya Mike brought along another "writer" and "lay out artist" like me. It's weird because we were trained to work in pairs, groups, and even classes but it's really different when it's someone else. I've never felt "clashing of ideas" as real as this. True enough, different individuals exists in the world.

But good thing, I learned something about weeds due to the "extensive" research on natural farming. Weeds aren't supposed to be pulled out because every plant has its own purpose in existing. I feel the same way. Today, I may seem like I don't have much value, but I know there's a purpose why I exist. Recently, I realized how God has given me these two amazing hands. If you would ask me what my greatest asset is, it'll probably be my these pair. Not because I have smooth hands and long fingers, but because they enable me to create the things I love. I can do nail arts, to paintings, to graphics in PS. I can do those all day. Everytime someone asks me to do a tarpaulin, invitation, or shirt design, it gives me much joy that I think I owe them in asking me to do it for them. So I'm thinking that regardless of what other people might think, may it be my boss or my co-worker, I'll continue doing what I love doing.

So, yeah.

Maaaaaaan, I still cringe everytime I say the word "work".

No comments:

Post a Comment