Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My head thinks faster than my fingers

I didn't do much today, but gosh, I feel tired. Could be the hot weather, could be the emotional turmoil I'm going through. Lol, that sounded too dramatic, ain't it?

I spent my day unproductively again, but good thing I harvested much learnings. I started my day with my mom waking me up at 8am and it's not even a school day. She wanted me to accompany her to the bank for the loan she made, only to found out that she scheduled the release tomorrow morning. Argh, bring back my wasted hours. :(

I was head banging all through the hour I spent waiting for our number to be called. The times I was awake, I spent doing what I do best--observe. And thanks to my undergrad thesis, people's faces became really familiar to me. I saw two of my respondents, although I doubt it if they recognize me. I was also half-hiding myself, because I wasn't really in the mood to socialize.

There's this person who sure is a stand-out from the rest. See, I studied the effects of celebrity-endorsed ads on mothers' preference on milk brands. She kept on insisting that she has a pediatrician and she didn't rely on celebs and ads whatsoever. I was assuming that her family's one of the well-to-do ones in our little town. But surprisingly, she was in line with us in the bank loan. But since she's a cut from the rest, she spoke in English to her daughter in a real loud voice. Why? I don't really know. Was it because she's rich? Was it because she's educated? Was it because she wants to shove in our face that she's different from us?

Maybe. But I'll bet it has something to do with her kid being 'different' from normal kids. I don't know why she did those crazy things, but it's not really impressive. Maybe she doesn't want people to look down on her because of her kid's condition, but it makes me think that it makes their situation worse. Pretending like you're someone you're not won't compensate for the weaknesses you have.

Or maybe I'm just really on emotional turmoil.

Today, I finally did something I've been putting off for days. I used to think to myself that I can do photo-editing and lay out all day without getting tired of it, but I was wrong. I had to force myself to do it today. But it ended out great, and I felt good again. And I realized that it's so much easier to use the magic wand when the picture is raw rather than edited. See, I have to put two pics side by side and the other one was already edited when given to me. Surprisingly, the edges of the edited picture was too straight that if you miss the line, it would be too obvious. The raw picture came out well, though. AND, for typographers out there, there are not a lot of graduation fonts yet. And Helvetica comes for a price. :'(

Wow, talking about that actually made me feel better. Hihi. :))

I'm starting to think that I'm going back to my rebellious stage. My mother told me so, too. Ack. Maybe these are graduation blues. Officially unemployed here! Gossh. I need a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment