Thursday, September 15, 2011

How can you say no to flattery?

I am in love with words. When I listen to music on youtube, I'd prefer a lyrics video than the real video. When I watch a movie, I obsessively listen closely to the words the characters utter. I feel happy when people say nice things to me.

So, I really can't say no to flattery. I am sanguine, yes!

Today, I had a meeting with my very first client as a freelance writer slash lay out artist. Hoho. I'm just making it sound pretty, I'm actually not doing freelance. I was asked by my former boss if I were interested in a project that she had to make for the anniversary of their company. Since I turned down the opportunity for a permanent appointment, she asked if I were interested in doing some contractual work for them. She said she really liked my interview outputs and that I was good. But that's not what I'm really happy about. She told me I have the rare skill of making people instantly feel at ease when I talk with them.

That's such a good thingggg I'm convinced to work with them againnnn! Hahahaha. But honestly, I feel really happy that she said that. I mean, there can be thousands of people who are good writers, but not everyone can make you feel comfortable in conversations. I've met and talked to people who were scary, intimidating, and awkward to talk with. Good thing I'm not part of that group! :)

Anyhow, the only sad thing about accepting this job is that I might not be home on my birthday. Sad. This is the first time I'll be away from home IF EVER I accept this job offer. But based on my flattered emotions, there's a high possibility that I might accept it. 

Thank you for your nice words, Ma'am! :))






PS. My mom is the best. She's very happy when I told her this. Love you Ma! And sorry about the last blog post I made. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment