Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today is a winding road

My heart will literally explode inside my chest any minute now. I'm a meter away from my boss, she's reading the very first article I handed in since the day I set foot in her office.

One of the things I hate about myself is worrying about the littlest things. I've always considered myself a mediocre and I've learned to accept that I will never be as good as anyone. I live everyday being contented of who I am and will never be. In a different lens, that might be a good thing, but it also becomes my reason why I have an excuse for all my shortfalls.

I am not sure if the day will come when I will gain enough confidence to believe that I can do things I never imagined I could do. I wish I will; I don't wanna remain floating in a sea of uncertainties and regret forever.

Anyways, today I traveled for six hours from Thakek City back to Vientiane City by bus. It was a very long travel but I was the least bored. I like long travels, it gives me enough time to think through things and of course, to sleep. I was also entertained by the couple sitting in front of me. They were very sweet and adorable. Not to mention, equally handsome.

It reminded me of the recent picture I saw on the net. It's about Anne Hathaway's stand on LGBTs. She said that, "Love is a human experience, not a political statement." Maybe if I were younger, I would strongly be opposing this same-sex relationship. Personally, I will not engage in such relationship, but I learned to respect people who fell in love this way.

Love is a beautiful thing that everyone has the right to feel and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment