Friday, February 10, 2012

Landlocked

Since Laos is a landlocked country, it is quite easy traveling to the borders of its neighboring lands. Today, I traveled to Thailand in less than an hour by bus.

One of the things I miss in the Philippines is the big shopping malls. In Laos, even in its capital city, only small boutiques can be seen. I get to shop in a shopping mall and eat in a fast food today! I never thought I'll miss junk food, but I did after a month of eating healthy fresh Lao vegetables and noodles.

Shopping in Thailand for me is more convenient than in Laos, not only because of the venue but also because of the Baht. Dollar to Baht conversion is almost similar to Philippine Peso, so I can easily tell whether the things I'm buying are expensive or cheap. The smallest denomination in Kip is 500, and Kip to Dollar is equivalent to 7989 so you can tell how much hard work I put into converting daily.

Anyways, if you have any plans of traveling to Thailand any sooner, lots of stuff can be bought for cheaps! I bought three shoes, which were only 120 Baht (around 200 PhP) each! I can't assure you of the quality yet, though. But will do in, maybe a month's time. Haha! I also bought some dresses and clothes for myself and my family. I only spent 100 USD today, but I bought a lot. I was tempted to spend more, but the 15th won't come any sooner, so I have to tighten up my belt!

Pretty sure, though, I will never go back home without returning to Thailand. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment