Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Today was super awesome

I knew everything was being weird. People were acting weird, it's as if they were hiding something from me. It's as if they take joy in leaving me behind.

Then, voila, my officemates planned a surprise party for me. It was a hybrid of a farewell, a welcome, and a birthday party. Farewell, because I will be leaving Laos on the 3rd of June. Lao was my home for the last four months. My stay here reminded me of how to be happy with the simplest things. Welcome, because I accepted a six-month contract extension with this company. And birthday party, because the newest Lao staff who cannot speak English quite well yet thought that it was my birthday today.

Before having dinner, I was blessed by the Buddhist monks with a Basi ceremony. Dimsum filled the table for dinner. I was happy. The cake had curly chocolate toppings in tribute to my curly hair. Everyone gave me a message which almost made me cry. The local Lao staff also gave me little notes with really nice messages. Maybe someday soon I will publish some of the notes. They're funny and touching all the same. :)

I'm really bad with details but just to make everything short, I'm happy I got to know these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment