Thursday, May 24, 2012

Home

One of the people from the office I am working in suddenly cried during lunch time yesterday. No one knew one what happened. Assumptions cluttered in my head but primarily, I thought that perhaps her secret boyfriend broke up with her.

I was wrong.

I realized that I often simplify my view of people. Everyone has different, multiple layers to complete them. It's only yesterday when I found out that she already lost both her parents. Her father died only two years ago and she lives on her own in a huge house. She still studies now and she has to pay for everything. The reason she suddenly cried was she felt very sick yesterday. Knowing there is no one to look after her when she is sick, she felt sorry for herself.

I wonder what it feels like being alone. I always say that I like doing things on my own. I really do, it's less hassle than having to come to a compromise with the group of people I'm with. But at the end of the day, it's still a different feeling coming home to a house filled with people who loves you and who will take you for who you are.

Ten days from now and I will be coming home. Surprisingly, the days feel longer. I am really longing to see my family and friends. I can already imagine the look on my Mom's face. And our dog. I most certainly want to see our dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment