Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Every writer I know has trouble writing. 
-Joseph Heller


I am glad someone retweeted @AdviceToWriters' tweets (If you are a writer, it is a must to follow him on Twitter) on my timeline. Today was one of those days in which I had to pretend I am okay even when I am not. I have a very minimal amount of confidence so I do not need anyone shoving in my face that my skills are just average.


Honestly, it is okay to be critiqued on my writing. I was never a writer. Alright, I used to think I can write. I used to think it came to be naturally. But then, I realized that there were other people who were better than I am.


But then, to be criticized by someone who tagged himself as "having no trouble writing" is a different story. I write, do layout and design, take photos. I am proud of my output. And I just cannot accept someone telling me that my second publication doesn't look bad for a second publication... especially that the way he uses the polygonal lasso tool on Photoshop leaves the image angular.


I am sorry, I just cannot stand people who make themselves appear bigger than they actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment