Tuesday, May 22, 2012

At the bottom of the food chain

If it's a dog-eat-dog world, I wonder who eats all the dog food.

The world is dirty--literally and figuratively. People plays dirty games every single day. It's true what they say, life outside the academe is so much different. My initial perspective of the world--honest, pure, and true--was already tampered.

I remember when my former boss told me about how he puts his weakest staff on bait when the situation calls for it. He would do it, just so he could escape the blame. I was lucky I wasn't the weakest. I was next to weakest.

It's only after a year when I graduated that I realized that I am at the bottom of the food chain. When I left the university, I brought along its yabang. Then it hit me. No matter how good I am or where I graduated from, I'm still just a small pebble in a huge, huge world.

A few weeks ago, I read a blog about an Atenean who works as an Executive Assistant in a Law Firm. I realized I was very much mayabang. I refused to become an EA, saying that job wasn't from me. But then, today, I realized that everyone has to start from nothing. Going up the food chain might be tedious and hard, but it's something one must do.

However, I still refuse to eat a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment