Monday, May 7, 2012

Beauty that never fades

I am blessed to get to have a trip back to Cambodia. Many people I talked with complained about how dirty the country is, but I have to say it's one of my favorite places on earth. It caught my heart ever since I found out what its people has been through.

Last week, I had the chance to witness the majestic beauty of Angkor Wat, the oldest temple in the world. I cannot help but marvel at its greatness. The intricate carvings on the walls, the detailed facial structures of the statues, everything was just plain awesome.

Plus the night market was awesome, too. :)


Waking up at 5:00 am and eating breakfast with eyes closed were worth it. Never seen sunrise as beautiful as this.


It's summer time, so the man-made lake surrounding the temples somehow dried. I wasn't able to capture the ever popular reflection shot perfectly. 


You can climb these stairs at your own risk. I heard some people already had some accidents because the steps were too steep. The temple in Pakse, Laos were as old as Angkor Wat and the steps up the temple were also as steep but somehow, climbing these stairs appeared more dangerous to me.


This is my Hagardo Versoza shot. My housemates were laughing when I told them how haggard my face was. Ate Mharra, who went to Angkor Wat in 2008, retrieved her pictures and realized that she also looked as Hagardo Versoza as I was.




Some statues had to be reconstructed, but I'm glad I could still see some in its original form.


They were "duck-facing" before it was cool. 




This is where Tomb Raider was shot in. I felt Angelina Jolie's presence all over.




No comments:

Post a Comment