Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All sorts of happy

My second publication is almost finished after almost four months. I remember when my mom made me listen to a radio show about a writer who publishes children's books. The writer said that, "Writing is all about re-writing." It took me such a long time to finish a 34 page monograph because my editor, who is also my boss, is very meticulous with details. I could not thank her enough. All my mistakes were corrected and throughout the whole process, I've learned a lot about how to improve my work.

When I handed in my almost-final-draft yesterday, she told me that my layout and design were good. She added that of all the monographs that her company published, mine was very different. I took the word different positively, of course. She said it was very personal unlike the previously published ones. I was smitten. :">

Hihi. I'm happy she did not say it's "not that bad for a second publication" (no pun intended). Honestly, I was afraid of my boss at the beginning of my nine-month writing engagement with her company. Knowing that she's the best friend of my photography and visual design lecturer in the university, I thought that she also possessed the same excellence and meticulousness as he did. Well actually, she does. But I am happy that I learned stuff from her. Once, she told me that, "You don't have to know everything, you just have to surround yourself with people who do best with what they do." My problem is, I know little of maybe almost everything and I find discomfort in surrounding myself with excellent people. Hmmm.

EQOudohak12980IAKdiqouepqwe1029uqdhakdahda :DDD That's how I feel. All sorts of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment