Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Never be sick again

"If you want to do something for me, don't get sick. Ever," says Lisa, a third grader character from the movie "Invisible Sign."

I can somehow relate to this kid. When I was 17, my mom got sick. I was devastated. Everything used to fall into a perfectly harmless normalcy of life until this happened. Just when my mom was getting better, my first godchild and bestfriend was diagnosed with Leukemia. It seemed like these two incidents weren't enough, just before the death of my bestfriend, my favorite uncle died of stroke.

Perhaps my college professor did not understand what I meant when I wrote in her attendance sheet that all I wanted in life was never to be sick again. She wrote back, in cursive green letters, that it is inevitable to get sick.

I never want to have that sick feeling again. I don't want to feel that in any moment, someone's about to leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment