Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Graduation Month! :)

It suddenly dawned on me that when April 26 kicks in, it will be a year since I graduated from college. I don't usually regret things in the past, but for some reason I could not identify, I suddenly felt saddened that I slept through the whole of my Graduation rites. The only thing I could vividly recall was the long time I waited in line to finally get my diploma.

I worked hard for four years (actually not really) to get to that moment and I just let that moment slip away. I don't know why I was tired that day that I fell asleep as soon as I sat on my chair. I wish I had good memories of that moment to look back into.

Let's see, so after a year, how have I changed? I'm still in my student mentality. I see my boss as my teacher. My officemates as my classmates. My housemates as my dormmates. Yeah, I haven't changed much.

Or maybe I have. Because I didn't live in a dorm in college. Ha ha.

Way back in college, the only friends I had were my also my HS friends. Me being in the same town since HS did not help much in enhancing my social skills. It was only in my third year that I finally learned how to open myself up to new people.

With the current work I have, I've seen people come and go. The room I stay in is called "transient room" as people coming would just stay for a week, a month, and very rarely a year. I interview people that I'd only meet maybe once in my whole lifetime. I find it amazing that I can actually do these. I have to give my self-declared homebody a pat in the back.

Anyways, congratulations to the people graduating this March! And sorry I can't be there. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment