Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Great Pakse Adventure Part 2

So, minutes ago, I said I'm going to sleep. I couldn't. So I give you part 2 of my Pakse trip! :)

The next day, we were set to travel again for more than an hour going to, guess what, another waterfall. The name of the waterfalls is Khone Pha Pheng. This time, I am quite sure. I searched it on Google. Hihi.

Presenting, the largest waterfall in Southeast Asia!




I swear, the view was breathtaking. I've never seen such beauty my whole life. At the same time, I saw how the currents rush through, slapping the edgy and slippery rocks. While taking pictures, I also thought my life was at stake. Anyone who would fall to the waters would surely die. I was told that people can go rafting here, but I wouldn't even dare think about doing it.

Compared to the medium sized-waterfall in the previous post, it was really hot there in Khone Pha Pheng. Maybe it's the rocks. But I don't know the scientific explanation behind that.

The next site was the ruins of an old temple. I searched Google with keywords "old temple in Pakse" and it showed different names. So I don't know which one is correct. Anyways, I was told by a Lao colleague that the temple was built the same time as Angkor Wat.

Photocredits to the photographer in the temple. Hihi.










It was exhausting going up the steep steps of the temple but the experience was amazing. I am close to converting to Buddhism. Oh oh. My dad won't like reading this.

Don't tell my parents I prayed to Buddha, they might not let me go home. Hihi.

So there you have it, my Great Pakse Adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment