Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Great Pakse Adventure Part 1

A week after, I finally had the motivation to write about my great adventure at Pakse.

Pakse is a Southern city (not sure if city or district or whatevs) in Laos that is more than ten hours drive from Vientiane Capital. Me and my colleagues thought that Pakse is just another city in Laos--the normal rust-colored dust filled roads with slim trees and grasses all over. We were wrong. Pakse is my kind of place. It's a city in a forest. Or something like that.

We left VTE at around six in the morning--no breakfast, no shower, just us and the road. All we ever did was sleep, eat, sing, sleep, talk, then sleep some more. Photos of those sleeping were taken, but they were too hideous to be shown. Mine was the worst.

So, let me just jump over our first day at Pakse, minus the one day travel.


This is the I-forgot-what-its-called mini-waterfalls. Read along, and see more waterfalls!





It wasn't really a jaw-dropping site. In fact, I thought we weren't there yet when we arrived. But the area was really relaxing and comfy. The air was fresh and cool. Real taste of nature, must I say.

Next stop, we went to another waterfall. This trip was filled with waterfall sites.


I'm not sure if the name of this waterfall is Pusawan, but I'm betting on this rock that it is its name. 



It was a great view, but it's a long trek down to get the full view of this falls. My right knee injury relapsed, but it is worth it. I get to see a rainbow up close. Now that I said that, I didn't see any pot of gold at any ends of the rainbow. Sad face.




Yep, I was so tired that I cried. Jk. Drama. 


To end our day, we had dinner at a floating restaurant beside the Mekong river. The view of the city lights were amazing. Food was great, too. And yeah! I get to sing. 


Joke. They wouldn't let me even if I wanted to.

Ah, I'm so sleepy. I shall continue Day Two soon. 

Night night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment