Monday, August 3, 2009

The intricacies that hold the world together


Warning: This is pretty boring, so read at your own risk. ;)


I don't have classes every Monday but I am forced to go to school today to watch a documentary on Helvetica (technically, it's 12:01 AM, so yesterday is more correct.)

No, Helvetica isn't a heroine in the Renaissance period, or a faraway town in Greece. But, it made a lot of contributions to the world. In fact, it started the war in Vietnam and it changed different viewpoints of artists from all over the globe. It contains a lot of meanings and interpretations. Some even considered it as a solution to an on-going world problem.

Just so you know, Helvetica is a type.

Type as in typeface. As in font face. As in letters. Yeah, these actual letters you see on screen.

I can't imagine these little types could actually mean so much. I didn't even know that type designers exist! (Did you?)

According to the modernists, Helvetica is the best font there is. They love Helvetica so much that they're almost praising the type.

LOL. I can't stand it anymore! Actually I don't remember anything already. So scratch what I said at the beginning, I can't discuss Helvetica any further!

What I really wanted to say is, even the simplest disregarded thing on earth has a big role that not everyone gives due importance to.

Look closer. You might miss out on your own kind of Helvetica. ;)





xo xai





































No comments:

Post a Comment