Saturday, May 10, 2014

That's all I can do.

As I scroll through my facebook newsfeed, I found a blog entry on an interview about cheating from a sociologist. The one thing that struck me the most is this sentence: "When you love, you've done your part, and that's all you can do."

To clarify, I wasn't cheated on and I haven't ever (and has no plan to) cheated. I just happen to share the same viewpoint as the sociologist. Love is freely given; you can make no demands, you can make no complaints. You love because you love, and that's that.

Today, someone told me this: "I hate girls. I hate how there are so many pretty girls and I hate I have to pick one. Where did that idea come from?"

Because:


"My love is greater than your failures. But be fair, Marco. 
Kung ako, ako. Kung siya, siya."
Patty in "Starting Over Again"

I have nothing against polygamous relationships, though. We love differently and I accept that.

But for me, how can you love two (or more) people at the same time? I just can't begin to comprehend. I want what's mine to be mine. Call it selfish, but isn't it more selfish to want more than just one?

No, that's gluttony. Not even Buddha agrees to getting more than needed. Too much is, well, too much.

So this boils down to this: find a partner who also believes that a polygamous relationship should work. That's not me.

I love you and that's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment