Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Serving my purpose

"It's raining on your sphere today, Ate," says one of my officemate last Monday, while battling through the pressures of finalizing all the 12 annual reports for the group of companies I work in. Lately, it has been storming in my sphere, to be honest. So much work, so much pressure, so much stress.

I am not the kind of person who handles stress very well. I get very irritated when I don't get things done. I feel so uncomfortable that I see it in my dreams sometimes. I may be messy on the outside (I mean my desk) but I have an obsessive-compulsive disorder on the inside.

But last night, as we made our way from a festive dinner with our Lao friends, my former boss and I had a very meaningful talk. I felt so revived and rejuvenated. In the many attempts that I ask her that I want to quit, she finally said I am good to go.

"You have served your purpose, you have accomplished many things for us. If there are better opportunities for you, then go grab it," she said. A tear dropped from my eye as I heard these words. Am I really ready to fly?

In the 23 months that I stayed in the company that I work in, I keep falling in and out of love with my job. There are times that I feel so helpless falling in the abyss of workaholicism. Because I like getting things done, I sometimes sacrifice my own personal time. But when I get the feeling that I have achieved something great in doing what I do, I feel fueled to do so much more.

I think it's getting sunnier in my sphere now. Now, I feel like I wanna do more and accomplish greater things. One more good vibes for today is that the application for a 3-month training I was vying for since last year confirmed the receipt of my application. I was starting to worry that this program was really not for me. It has been more than a week and I still haven't received a confirmation on my application yet. But now, after receiving an email from that university, I finally got a glimpse of hope that I can, maybe, get this.

So yeah, I am one happy human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment