Monday, August 26, 2013

Endurance

One of my favorite things to do is commuting from home to work and vice-versa. Come to think of it, I have been doing this for the past ten years of my life. Basically, I had no choice but to love it.

It is there in the daily jeepney rides where I meet people from all walks of life. This, for me, had always been interesting. Last Saturday, on my way to a relief operations, I had the strangest of all jeepney rides. Strange in a good way, I think. There was this guy, with a big body build, curly hair, and oily face in his late 30's or early 40's talking non-stop like he knew every passenger on board. I swear, if you made eye contact with him for at least half-a-second, he would automatically strike up a conversation.

And as much as I wanted to be a mere observer of this scenario, I was dragged in into a conversation. Naturally, he would notice me observing him as I was seated across him. He started talking about his adventures in Mt. Makiling, that he became a mountain adventurer ever since he and his wife separated. He started giving me some advice on marriage, "Never marry anyone who just love you in words. Love is action, not just purely emotions." I just smiled and nodded. God is speaking through him.

That day, I dropped by the office to make a prototype of a media briefer for one of our events. I find joy in making these prototypes. To me, they're like diamonds in the rough. Like they're so close to reality yet there's so much work to do. I feel more attached to drafts I make myself than those perfectly printed final outputs. Ehem. Anyways, since my printer ran out of ink, I had to rush to the nearby printing shop. There, written in a big tarpaulin is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. I had to blur out the seemingly bored-of-her-life-that-she-hates-the-whole-world tagabantay ng computer shop girl to understand what the Bible verse truly means.

"Love endures all things"--this part got me. If it does not endure, it is not love. Therefore, no matter how difficult the situation is, no matter how many obstacles we face, no matter how many people says otherwise, if we choose to love we must endure.


No comments:

Post a Comment