Friday, January 6, 2012

2012

For most people, New Year is seen as a turning point of their lives, a chance to start all over, a blank slate. Ever since, I could not remember a year I actually made a resolution for the New Year. I wasn't much of a believer that people can actually change over night just because they decided to... well, in most cases.

Year 2011 came like a blink of an eye. It's nearly a year since I graduated college and the things I planned before Graduation day didn't really materialize. I guess I am better at short term planning rather than planning for the far future. I've been tossed here and there, did things that weren't originally in my blue print. However, I would not consider that as time wasted; it was a year full of brand new experiences I never dared imagine.

I told myself last year that come 2012, I'd look for a permanent job with better benefits and all. But I've known myself too well that what I'm looking for isn't stability. I like doing things I'm passionate of. I never really dreamt of becoming rich and famous. Maybe I have, but it wasn't my major dream. I'd like to find something that wouldn't just earn me money, but would also satisfy the desires of my heart.

Last year, for a project I did for this company, they asked me to travel to five cities in Mindanao to interview some people. Being a home body, I wasn't really convinced that I can travel alone. First of all, I wasn't very street smart. Second, I am not really street smart. But my whole perspective about myself changed when I was already in that situation. I remember a saying that said you become strongest when the only one you can rely on is yourself. This is true; I never thought I can do these things on my own until I could only depend on myself.

A new challenge awaits me this 2012. Yes, the uncertainty of a new opportunity chills me to the bones. In fact, I am very afraid. But as I always am, I'm already excited for the ending even if the Once-upon-a-time hasn't started. So, 2012, brace yourself--I'll get out of you wiser and stronger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment