Friday, October 14, 2011

Justice for Given Grace

When I got back home yesterday, I was shocked when I heard the news about a UPLB student being murdered and raped a few days ago. I was terribly heartbroken that there are people out there who can do such things to a fragile soul. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the things they did to her. I don't know her personally, but I know that she could have achieved and accomplished so much in life had not some evils forcefully took his life.

I can only imagine how her parents might feel right now. It's really painful that they sent their child to a different city just to get a good education and then she ended up being this way. I feel really shattered and scared that there might be a possibility that this cruelty might happen again to other people. I'm really hoping that it will not.

Even when I think that she's in a safer place right now, I can't help but think that she couldn't have died that way. She didn't deserve to die that way. No one does, actually. I really hate that I can't put into words the anguish, sadness, anger, and a couple more emotions I can't identify that I'm feeling right now. I haven't cried for justice as I did today.

I really do pray for justice on Given's case.

No comments:

Post a Comment