Thursday, October 13, 2011

The best gift I had for my birthday is being home.

For four days, I had been traveling here and there--buses were my hotel rooms, language barrier sometimes got in the way, and strangers were my company. I had no road map, neither the convenience of google map; it's amazing I found my way home. For a homebody like me, I feel that being back home is a huge achievement.

I also feel like I've matured to a higher degree. Though when I talk to people about my job, they hardly believe me because they said I only look like a student. Believe it or not, I traveled on my own from Davao to Agusan del Sur to Cagayan de Oro to Misamis Occidental to Zamboanga del Norte in just a matter of four days. Yes, I can hardly believe it myself.

I feel blessed that God protected me all throughout this journey. I never experienced any hassles or problems or whatsoever. When I got there, a typhoon was entering the area. I was really afraid that I might not make it home today. But I did, and when I got home, I felt I've been missed. My parents prepared my favorite food as if I've been away from home for a year. My friends left me many messages asking me to go out for dinner as soon as possible. I feel all kinds of wonderful for my birthday this year, I think I would never run out of things to smile about until I turn 22. :)

Thanks so much for everyone who made my day extra special. I've never felt more homely than I do today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment