Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I beg you to [let me] travel



When I was a Sophomore in College, we were asked to compare ourselves to one thing. I said "shoes" because "I wanna go places." That was half-true. I could not think of anything else to say at that moment, and "going to places" sounded legit, so I said it.

I was told by my Dad that words are powerful. And I have proof that it is true. Though I nonchalantly pronounced those words, the almighty power above us did not took that as a joke. And early on this year, I said I wanna go out of the box. He did let me get out--more than a thousand miles away.

I am rather thankful that God took my words seriously. I went out there in the Indochina region, clueless about what's in store for me. The quote up there from Henry Rollins is so true. Traveling opens your eyes to many things, let you see things in a different perspective. How I see the world now has humbled me. I now know that there are a lot of things out there for me to discover, for me to see.

I was bitten by the travel bug. If I could, I would travel and see the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment